Magnetic Monday – Setting Goals
Did you create your big vision for what you want in your career or business?
If you haven’t done that, I would strongly suggest that you start thinking about it, and then write it down.
Writing it down makes it a physical reality.
Today’s Quantum Success Show takes this to the next level.
This is all about the steps to get there to the big vision: creating goals.
Take the time to create this. These are important steps to ensure success in business.
Here are some tips for you for creating goals:
Goal Setting Tips
The following broad guidelines will help you to set effective goals:
- State each goal as a positive statement: Express your goals positively – ‘Execute this technique well’ is a much better goal than ‘Don’t make this stupid mistake’
- Be precise: Set a precise goal, putting in dates, times and amounts so that you can measure achievement. If you do this, you will know exactly when you have achieved the goal, and can take complete satisfaction from having achieved it.
- Set priorities: When you have several goals, give each a priority. This helps you to avoid feeling overwhelmed by too many goals, and helps to direct your attention to the most important ones.
- Write goals down: This makes them real and gives them more force.
- Keep operational goals small: Keep the low-level goals you are working towards small and achievable. If a goal is too large, then it can seem that you are not making progress towards it. Keeping goals small and incremental gives more opportunities for reward. Derive today’s goals from larger ones.
- Set performance goals, not outcome goals: You should take care to set goals over which you have as much control as possible. There is nothing more dispiriting than failing to achieve a personal goal for reasons beyond your control. If you base your goals on personal performance, then you can keep control over the achievement of your goals and draw satisfaction from them.
- Set realistic goals: It is important to set goals that you can achieve. All sorts of people (employers, parents, media, society) can set unrealistic goals for you. They will often do this in ignorance of your own desires and ambitions. Alternatively you may set goals that are too high, because you may not appreciate either the obstacles in the way, or understand quite how much skill you need to develop to achieve a particular level of performance.
P.S. If you want more guidance in creating Quantum Success in Business, watch this video.
We love to hear your thoughts...
Post a comment using your Facebook Account, or without it!