There are many tools that you can use to help you raise your vibration. One of these tools is using affirmations, mantras, or daily statements. More information on affirmations can be accessed in my bestselling book Perfect Pictures. If you invested in The Divine Manifesting System, you were given this book as a special bonus. http://www.christywhitman.com/books_transform.php
As strange as it may seem, stating affirmations out loud really works! Repeating affirmations has amazing power in the subconscious mind. What is an affirmation? It is a positive, goal-oriented statement spoken with conviction to yourself in the first person. Affirmations are stated as you want things to be, or what you would like to believe. They are stated as if the goal or desire has already been achieved.
Using affirmations is a great way to replace negative messages with positive reinforcements. Whenever you have awareness of a limiting belief, you have the power to change it. A belief is just a thought that has been thought over and over until it becomes solidified in your mind as truth. You can change these limiting beliefs by just changing the thought. The best way to change the thought is to replace it with a positive thought. This is where affirmations come into play. By stating these affirmations, it becomes part of your subconscious mind and will soon be brought into your reality. It also raises your vibration and based on The Law of Attraction, you will attract more positive experiences into your life.
So what are guidelines to use affirmations and to have them be effective?
- They must be personal. For example, use the “I am”, “I do”, and “I will” statements. You can also use “The Universe”, “God”, or “Universal Intelligence” as an example when you are looking to change beliefs regarding your faith and trust.
- They must be positive. Affirmations must be positive statements and affirm what you are moving toward, not away from. It is just like the process of deliberately creating what you want. You always want to state what you want, not what you don’t want.
- They must be in the present tense. Don’t use words like “someday” or “soon”.
- They must be specific. For example, instead of saying, “I will make a lot of money” say “I make _____ amount a year.” It is important to be specific. If you went to a restaurant and ordered “chicken” and there are ten types of chicken on the menu, the waiter would not know which one to bring you. He might bring you chicken but it might not be prepared the way you want it. The Universe needs to know how much “a lot of money” means to you. “A lot of money” has a different meaning for every person. What specifically do you want?
- They must be believable. You must believe in yourself and your abilities. Don’t set your aim so high that you can’t imagine or accept what you want to accomplish. I am big on dreaming big, and I encourage having HUGE goals. When using affirmations you want to step by step make it to the goal. For example, if you are in debt and then you state an affirmation, “I have a million dollars in my account” and it causes doubt and disbelief, you are only creating more doubt and disbelief and the affirmations are now working against you.
- You must get into the emotions of what it feels like have, be or do what you are now affirming. This is key in creating what you want regardless of what tool you use. For example, if you use the affirmation, “I am abundant” that is great, but the universe responds to your energy, not your words. First find the affirmation, and then step into the feeling place of owning that affirmation. Spend time imagining, reflecting and feeling what it is to be abundant.
We love to hear your thoughts...
Post a comment using your Facebook Account, or without it!